Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

4 February 2014

What have I been up to lately?

Well it hasn't all been editing - although I should have done more than I have.   However, I have been pondering over a problem I have.

I own GeorgeAndTheDragon.co.uk which as part of the the book launch I will use to push the book.

However, if you clicked on that link you'll realise I haven't yet done anything with the website.  I don't have a book jacket/cover to show off and I don't even know what style of font the name of the book will end up using.  So I've been pondering what to do with the website in the meantime.

A couple of days ago I hit on the idea to turn it into a war-time newspaper. Into which I'm going to insert clues about the book and hidden links to an 'About Me' page and other bits as and when I add them.

Here's an original news paper from the period, although a little later in the war:




To give you a taster this is the heading I have designed for the website:


The adverts are based on real adverts from the period but the HP Sauce one had a wobbly border that I found difficult to reproduce.  The title is made up but loosely based on the Evening Standard.  The rest of the design is fairly typical of the period.   I may tweak it some more before I commit to it.

Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the site up and running.

0 comments:

Post a Comment