Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

16 February 2014
I received some good news this morning.

As short story I wrote about wolves has been accepted for inclusion into a wolf themed, charity anthology.

My story is called The Last Pack and I tried to concentrate on the harsh realities that wolves in the wild face while also showing their triumphs over adversity.



For me this is great because it gives me exposure to a different audience.  This of course is what any business would like and as a writer who is about to publish his first book it pays to think of this endeavour as a business proposition.



Once the book is finalised and I decide to publish everything I do has to be looked at from a business perspective.

How much I pay for the cover for example has to be reflected in the number of book sales required to cover that cost.  This then impacts on what cover price I charge.

Advertising and Marketing are two of the big question marks.  With no way to forecast sales there's no way to budget for either.  So anything I do to advertise or market my book as to be free or very low cost.

I've already started out on this road.  If you haven't already checked it out have a look at georgeandthedragon.co.uk.   This is a teaser website I put together. It's designed to get people interested in the book before its release.

This blog is also another way of introducing people to the book and to pique their curiosity.

I have slowly but steadily increasing Twitter following, see yesterday's post, and you can follow me @philiptolhurst.

I also have a Facebook page:  facebook.com/philtolhurst come on over and like me :)

Recently I experimented by spending £5.00 on boosting a post I made to my page.  The boosted post reached 9000+ people who I believe had expressed an interest in Dragons, Novels and Fantasy.

Although I don't think it has significantly increased my page likes it does give the idea that I can spend a small amount of money with Facebook and reach a relatively large amount of people.  The next time I do it I'll use a post that I have spent more time thinking over.

I also have an idea to start a viral campaign on Facebook when I release the book but I am going to keep that close to my chest.

Back to George and the Dragon.  10 Chapters still to edit and some work to do as previously discussed.







0 comments:

Post a Comment