Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

9 February 2014
...let me loose control"  as Chaka Demus & Pliers once sang way back in the early 1990's.

No this isn't a blog about music it's about being teased.  No not mercilessly teased,  more tempted variety.

You see I've hinted in earlier posts that I was working on a website for George and the Dragon.  Well this week I finally finished it.

The concept is fairly simply.  Those who've read my early posts will be familiar with the synopsis for the book:

George is a 13 year-old boy who befriends a dragon at the start of the Battle of Britain.  The RAF, under attack from Nazi dragons, are left with little choice but to send George and his dragon, Spitfire, into battle to fight on the side of the allies.  

The Knights of the Sky saga will tell the story of George and Spitfire's adventures during World War II.

So with that in mind I need to come up with a hook for the website that would get people interested in the concept of the book.

I'm not sure how I thought of it but the idea of a replica wartime newspaper lodged itself between my ears and stuck fast.

So this is a modified version of what the website looks like:



All the adverts are reproductions of real adverts that were in papers of the time.  There are several real news stories in their that I have rewritten for the Mercury.  And then there's some hints about what to expect in the book.

Even the title is styled after other newspaper titles both current and from 70 years ago.

I hope you like it and it piques your interest.  







0 comments:

Post a Comment