Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

7 February 2014
Casting Shadows EverywhereCasting Shadows Everywhere by L.T. Vargus
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I usually read fantasy and rarely read this sort of novel. But the last three books I have read, excluding a couple of cool Novellas, have been a bit of a let down. So I thought I'd try something a bit different.

This is the journal of a fifteen year old boy, Jake, and how a series of events turn his life upside down and inside out.

Extremely well written, LT Vargus, has done amazing work on creating a book that reads exactly like you would expect the journal of a 15 year old boy to read. Complete with expletives, random thoughts and other believable entries.

I found myself sucked into Jakes world and believing everything that happens to him. You get a wonderful insight into his mind as he learns from both his dysfunctional, criminal, cousin Nick and a college Psychology class he isn't even supposed to be undertaking.

The book starts out like a simple journal and much like a parabolic curve everything ramps up towards a climatic finish.

Overall a thoroughly enjoyable read.

Phil



View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment