Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

5 February 2014
Elf KillersElf Killers by Carol Marrs Phipps
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

How big is a troll?

I ask because it's a relevant question. Time and time again I found myself wondering this while reading this book. It's a train of thought that was triggered during an early part of the elves flight from the trolls. It was one of the first inconsistencies that jared me the last one being the end which made no sense if I'm being honest.

While creating languages for the two races in the book was admirable they heavily over use it with the trolls. Two thirds of the way through the book I started to skip large parts of the troll dialog, much of which was repetition anyway, to save myself a headache.

The story is not bad but several things never made sense to me. For example why didn't the elves stay in the eastern woods instead of risking their lives in the Strah with troll killing birds?

Overall not a good read.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment