Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

10 February 2014
Today I have been mostly designing a mood board.

So what does good old Wikipedia have to say about mood boards:

A mood board is a type of collage that may consist of images, text, and samples of objects in a composition of the choice of the mood board creator. Designers and others use mood boards to develop their design concepts and to communicate to other members of the design team.

This all goes back to the point where I'm starting to think about book covers for my novel and what I see as being on the front cover.

First I should tell you that I don't want something that look too childish. Nothing like this older harry potter cover for example:


What I want is something that conveys the concept behind the book and a design that is full of action and dynamism.

So this is my current mood board:


I'm hoping it conveys what I want to see on my cover.....but it lacks decent flying dragons I think.

The idea is to feature a Messerschmitt BF-109 with it's classic yellow engine cover and its black cross roundels.  A spitfire with it's classically curved wings and RAF roundels and a green dragon, my Spitfire, in a dog fight.

As an aside:  one thing I have discovered whilst putting this together is that I struggle to find artwork via Google that I have previously found and not bookmarked.   It's a lesson for the future for me.  If I see something I like I will bookmark it immediately.

If you have any thoughts by all means let me know you can find me on Twitter: @philiptolhurst or Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/philtolhurst




0 comments:

Post a Comment