Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

9 May 2014
Good evening dear reader.

First an apology, no not to you, but to my blog.  I am sorry, my blog, for neglecting you for this past week.

I feel like it's been a busy week but not one that feels like it has been fantastically productive.

I've started to put out feelers to find legitimate sources to review my book.  Hey I know I can pay $5 on Fiverr and get a review.  Hell I can pay $15 and they'll buy my book too.  Makes me wonder how many sales I could rack up and then claim against advertising expenses.

As part of this process I have offered to read another writers book, which I purchased, and he has purchased mine to reciprocate the review.  Only I find myself reading a book in desperate need of proof reading and editing.   Now I am wondering how do I handle this situation.  I am thinking I may offer to proof and edit the novel for them rather than give them a review but we shall see.  I don't think I'm the sort of person that can give a book like this an above average review and not say anything as well.

This week also my attention has turned to competitions.  I have entered George and the Dragon into the Guardian Self Published book of the month competition and I have also found a US short story competition I am particularly interested in.   So my thoughts have turned towards writing an 8000 word fantasy story before the end of June.  I've got a couple of ideas for that so now I just have to get on a write the story.  Shouldn't be too hard.  Perfecting it, however, maybe.

I'm slowly closing in on 4,500 Twitter followers and continue to use several different third party pieces of software to do everything from find my un-followers to ghost tweeting for me.  Like Justunfollow and Pluggio.

I have also started to really make a good go of expanding my presence on Google+  hopefully that will pay dividends. I've also been trying, slowly, to increase my Facebook page likes but as I say it is very slow.   However, I will keep on trying

Looking forward to the week ahead I'm hoping to start studying, writing my short story and maybe even creating a new author photo for myself.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Phil








0 comments:

Post a Comment