Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

12 May 2014
Dragon Dreams (The Chronicles of Shadow and Light)Dragon Dreams by Dusty Lynn Holloway
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The story of Dragon Dreams centres around two young people Auri and Nachal and how their lives become intertwined in their quest to stop an evil dragon and cure a dying world.

Dusty does a great job of creating a detailed world in which the protagonists' adventures take place. She also creates a cast of believable supporting characters although the dwarf feels under used given the importance placed on his being a part of the ensemble.

As a fellow author of dragon stories I love the way Dusty handles her dragons, they are very understated until the story required otherwise.

There were a couple of points that niggled with me that meant this book didn't quite make 5stars, if I could give it 4 1/2stars I would have; there's a prop that appears out of nowhere and the final chapter discusses a a place with a name that lacks all inspiration. After the wonderfully named Elven, Dwarven and Human lands and cities it seems so out of character that it jarred with me just at the point the book was ending.





View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment