Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

28 April 2014
A while ago I posted about the up coming changes to the VAT laws in Europe.

You can read the full blog here:

For The Love Of Money

However, I've just realised that I was wrong.

The price we set when we list our books on KDP is before VAT.  I know this as I've been having great fun trying to get my US KDP price to be the price point.

The VAT rate is set at 3%.

For Europe; as of January Amazon will be charging VAT at the rate set by the country in which the book is bought.  Not the country from which Amazon trades.

This is could mean that different European countries will have different rates of tax applied and so their prices will differ.  The UK charges 20%.

This doesn't sound too bad until you consider that Amazon prohibit you selling a book elsewhere for cheaper than it is available on their website.

This means that you may find yourself scrambling to adjust other list prices on places like Smashwords, Google Play etc once these changes come into effect.

The same net effect will be applied, however, you are going to loose money to the tax man come January.

Food for thought.

Phil






0 comments:

Post a Comment