Other Cool Blogs:
How I found out that there are 2 airports in Istanbul - Have you heard the saying “complacency is the mother of all cock ups”? I doubt it as I think I just made it up. But it sums up our journey to the airport w...
Sensual new role models and the female ageing process - My goodness. Is it really 18 months since my last post? As you will have gathered, for a variety of reasons, Elizabeth Cage has taken a break. Time to sta...
- ► 2015 (25)
- Grace the Dragon (Spoiler)
- Spitfire the Dragon
- VAT and Kindle Direct Publishing
- Still learning...
- Fun Filled Days
- George and the Dragon Day
- Pre-release nerves
- George and the Dragon - 12 Characters in 10 days (...
- The Heroine of the Novel - 12 Characters in 10 day...
- The Ultimate Antagonist - 12 Characters in 10 days...
- All action hero! - 12 Characters in 10 days (day 7...
- Where did he get those powers? - 12 Characters in ...
- Everyone calls her Harri - 12 Characters in 10 day...
- The man in charge of chaos - 12 Characters in 10 d...
- They weren't all pilots - 12 Characters in 10 days...
- The Reluctant Scientist - 12 Characters in 10 day...
- 12 Characters in 10 days
- My platform as a picture...
- That Friday Feeling..
- Mysterious places
- Show me the money...
- Ten Tools of the Trade
- What's your favourite dragon movie?
- The curiosities of Google+
- The Friday Feeling...
- ▼ April (25)
19 April 2014
12:10 | | Edit Post
On day 1 of 12 characters in 10 days we met the pilots of 505 squadron. Today we meet their boss:
Squadron Leader Andy McKnight
McKnight is the oldest of the four pilots, a Scotsman, a father of four grown up children, a widow and a veteran of World War I. Before being seconded to 505 squadron he was a test pilot for the RAF. He is one of the most highly thought of pilots in the service.
In the book though he is such much more; he represents a father figure, the action hero of the piece and is involved in so much more then just fighting Luftwaffe dragons with Hurricanes and Spitfires.
You can see how important he is in George and the Dragon by checking out the word cloud I produced of the book: