Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

5 April 2014
Google+ is an enigma to me and I don't mind admitting it.

Today I learnt how to get a unique Google+ URL:  google.com/+PhilipTolhurst

This blog post here explains it far better than I can:  http://www.techwalls.com/set-custom-url-google-plus-profile/

This is what my Google+ account looks like to me:

 Google+ account for Philip Tolhurst

The bit on the left shows the following:


So apparently my Google+ page has been viewed over 70,000 times.  By who? Seriously I do no, zero, zilch, promotion of my Google+ page aside from links on my website and those I've written into this blog over time.

So how have over 70000 views been generated by my page?

The truth is I have no idea but I'm now intrigued and it makes me think I should be making more of the account and enticing people to follow me more.

In that regard I would really welcome suggestions.

Answers on a postcard please.

Phil

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil,

    As a fairly new, but active user of google+ I can suggest that you join some of the communities on there where you can post links to your new blog posts, and share discussions and information with other people with similar interests.

    A few groups that I can recommend for you are 'Writers, Authors, Bloggers', 'Writer's Blogs', 'Support-a-Writer', 'Children's Books' and 'Writers of google+'.

    As with anything online the users are a mixed bag, but the atmosphere is supportive and you can pick and choose what you read. Being part of google+ communities has greatly increased my blog traffic and I've found some really interesting things on other people's blogs as well.

    Hope to see you around the communities!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete