Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

12 April 2014
I write a lot about my author's platform as part of this blog.  Well there's no denying that a picture can be worth a thousand words so I decided to try and create a graphical representation of my platform.

And here is the sum total of my work so far.

by Phil Tolhurst

I've just worked out I can embed it on the blog not just show it as an image!

I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.  You have to consider I was hunting around for software to make my life easy and stumbled across mind mapping software examtime.com from there the rest was easy.

Let me know what you think.

Phil

2 comments:

  1. I do like the image, and it shows a simple but effective platform. Did you choose a color palette, though, or were those the assigned colors? Because a simpler palette may make the visuals more effective, having three or four strong colors.
    A Tumblr page may also be worth adding, especially since the HTTYD fandom is going nuts over every bit of new footage released before the sequel, myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything starts out green Priya. I chose the colours based on the closest match I could get to the Social Network. For example there is no brown available so Goodreads ended up with an off colour orange. The icons I imported. I left the websites green as that seemed to make sense. I placed the two blue sites on the left, the two red on the right and the brown and orange sites up and down. I actually think it's quite effective. I do not know if I have time for another Social Network. Managing Twitter alone takes a lot of time and planning.

    ReplyDelete