Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

13 March 2014
...as Blur once sang.

One of the things I suffer from that most affects my writing is I'm not a finisher.  I find it very hard to see things through to the end.  Before I've even got close to the end my mind is already working on other things.

That could be the sequels to the current work, new projects stimulated by whatever has been happening to me that day, or even breathing life on old projects.

To date I have written plenty of unfinished works among which I have works entitled:

Tattoo - a cyberpunk-esque book with nanite tattoos empowering people.

The adventures of Captain Cat and the crew of the starlight endeavour.  - A Children's book about anthropomorphic space cat pirates.

1 of 64 - A book about an alien probe that lands on earth and creates 64 clones who interact with us in different ways.

Sam Dagger - Steampunk/Elfpunk escapade.

The Anomalies - The start of a Fringe/X Files-esque book series.

Topsider - A book that charts the adventures of a surface dweller who finds himself living among the undersea kingdoms in a post meteorite impact/ELE earth.

Old Wooden Boat - Murder mystery set at the docks during WW2 Britain.

Tyler Flynn - A magical post apocalypse adventure with teen heroes.

Sherrif -  The tales of the sheriff of a fantasy based capital city.

Then there are other files here called Mage wars, New Book Idea, The Time Travelling Train and that's to name but a few.

I write this because those of you that have been reading this will know I'm planning on writing a Steampunk/Musketeers type novel.  I've started character development for it and have some ideas as to how it will open as well.

Today I've suddenly got another idea to play around with.

It came from this:

Rubber band machine gun!

From that I go to talking in facebook group about Rubberband-punk and the idea was developed further by one of the group members, Jeffrey Cook, and has become more about rubberband technology used by mice.  I'm sold and think I'm going to try and write a novel based on his ideas.  

Maybe this one will get finished.

Until next time.

Phil


Steampunk rat sketch
by felflowne

0 comments:

Post a Comment