Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

30 June 2014
How do you measure success?

I've asked this before I believe as part of this blog.

There's the usual way with sales number, turnover or profit figures.  But then there's other measures, those that are less tangible but none the less make you realise that the work you have produced is having the desired effect on people.

For me one of those measure is fan art.  Look at the fan art you can find for something like How To Train Your Dragon or Harry Potter.  It's everywhere.  Well now George and the Dragon has elicited it's first piece of fan art and I am 'over the moon' about it.

Step forward Ben Nijssen @nijssen1804 who first of all shared this with me on Twitter.


That's a pretty cool sketch to be sure.

But then today he has coloured it in and it takes on a whole new life.


Taking inspiration from this I think that come September I'm going to run a competition with some cool prizes and get lots of people to draw up fan art for the book.   Should be good fun.

In the mean time why not let Ben know what you think of his work.

Phil





0 comments:

Post a Comment