Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

2 February 2015

...to the world




I've tried lots of different methods to try and sell George and the Dragon to people, but none of them have been more successful than just connecting with people.

Which is all well and good but the number of people I see and speak to on a daily basis can probably be counted on both hands and feet.

So in order to find people intrigued by the idea of Nazi Dragons fighting RAF dragons during the Battle of Britain wrapped up in a fantasy adventure I need to be able to cast my net further afield.

To date nothing has done that better for me than Twitter. The greatest thing about Social Media in general is that it is truly global. However, it is far harder to find people outside of your immediate circle of friends on Facebook, for example, than it is on Twitter.

You only have to look at my Facebook Page likes (625) vs my Twitter Followers (33,174) to see how extreme the difference is.

But this post is more about the global breadth of connections I've made than the differences between Facebook and Twitter.

This is a map of where my followers are located around the world courtesy of Tweepsmap.


Close inspection will show you the majority, almost 50% of my followers are in the USA.  I've never been to the USA and know only a couple of people how actually live there.  Yet 15,000+ people who follow me on Twitter come from the USA.

Now a large number of them aren't going to be interested in my book but the more people I can reach out to the more chance I have of selling my novel and any further works I also choose to self publish.

This is why I've set myself the goal of gaining 200,000 Twitter followers by the end of this year.

I then set a target of 2,000,000 for the following year but as you can only follow 365,000 people in one year that may be a bit of a stretch but still I intend to try.

Wish me luck :)

Phil



0 comments:

Post a Comment