Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

30 January 2014

“Tax needn’t be taxing.”  Said the man in the advert.  

Who’s he trying to kid.  If you haven’t had the pleasure of submitting a tax return you’d may be forgiven for believing this to be true.

In reality, however, completing a tax return is a far different beast. 

Even registering for a tax return is a taxing process.  But calculating what you owe them, knowing what you can claim for and how much you can claim is not simple.  In fact it probably makes rocket science look simple.

This may explain why there is never a shortage of accountants willing, for a fee, to complete my return for me.

So my calculations have finally been finished today and I can do my return by the deadline (tomorrow).  I know I’m bad, I’ve had months to complete the return but there’s always so many more interesting things going on like NaNoWriMo in November.


So with that out of the way I can concentrate on finishing the final edit of George and the Dragon and get on with the task of publishing it.  

Which leads me to the fact that if I do sell copies of George and the Dragon it will make my tax return that much more taxing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment