Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

1 June 2015

...or getting the words onto the page.


Stephen King makes a valid point in this quote.  I prefer to try and think of it as write a 1000 words a day and in 3 months you'll have written a novel.

At moment the still unnamed sequel to George and the Dragon has a word count of 71,879. George and the Dragon is around 105,000 words. I found these great info-graphics and just had to share them with you.






Back on subject my plan is to finish the first draft of the sequel before the end of the month. I expect it to be about the same length as my first novel so I've got about 35,000 words to write or about a 1000 a day.

I've come to the conclusion it's almost impossible for me to write at the weekends. I simply don't get a break from the family. It makes it impossible to get into the story and start to type it in to Scrivener.
So my usual time to write is on the train to and from work, that's about 40 minutes each way or 1hr 20 in total. I can hit 800 words on a good day in 40 minutes. However, as I've discussed before in this blog I find it really hard to write when I'm tired.

This evening I managed 148 words and then fell asleep on the train. Not a good way to start the month and to hit my target. So if you take out the weekends

I've got about twenty days and 1,500 words a day to complete. It's like a mini NaNoWriMo :)

Wish me luck.

 Phil

0 comments:

Post a Comment