Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

21 August 2014
I'm sat here with a copy of my book in front of me, strangely it doesn't smell  - I'm sure people say new books smell, and the more I think about it the stranger it seems to me.

There's a box of them just behind me as well.  I know there's a proof copy downstairs by where my wife is, currently, watching TV as well.

I took a picture of the ten that were delivered just a day ago to show them off to the world.  I wonder if they'll ever be so many copies of my book gathered in one place again :)




It's strange because George and the Dragon is my creation, my work, every word in what amounts to just over 240 pages or 35 chapters is the result of an outpouring of my imagination.

Sure there are people that have helped me to get to this point and I am truly grateful to each of them for the input they have had on the book.

I signed one of my books the other day as well.  Sure it was for a work colleague, who'd bought it via Amazon I might add, but it's still a strange thing to do for the first time.

I guess it's just because it's still all very new to me.  When it comes to my next novel I'll be more flippant about the whole process but for now I shall try and nurture that feeling of pride and wonder that nestles inside of me.

The next step for me has been to create an e-commerce page on www.GeorgeAndTheDragon.co.uk so that people in the UK can buy a signed copy of the book should the wish.

If you're interested in a signed copy but over seas let me know and I am sure we can sort it out.

Of course I haven't forgotten about the artwork competition either and I've a couple more prizes that I'll be revealing over the next few days so keep your eyes open.

If you're really interesting it would be a good idea to follow my facebook page as well:

https://www.facebook.com/philtolhurst

That's all from me for now.

Phil

1 comment: