Search

Login Form

Other Cool Blogs:

12 August 2014
I've just looked and it's been a month since I last managed to update my blog.

A fair bit has happened in that time within my personal life that has kept me away from writing this blog and promoting my book.

The publication of the paperback version of George and the Dragon passed without even a whimper of me shouting about it here.


It's even currently reduced on Amazon to £6.38 from £6.99 so it's a bargin :)

I'm currently awaiting delivery of some copies myself that I will sell via the website and sign for people that would like a signed copy. 

So that was very exciting but tempered by the fact we had two car accidents in my household in three days.   Without going into specifics a car knocked my wife and son over in his nursery carpark causing her to break her shoulder and have to have it pinned in an operation and I wrote our car off by driving into the back of another vehicle two days later.

This, as I'm sure you'll appreciate has caused all sorts of chaos and upheaval at home and has really taken my focus away from writing and publicising my book.

But I'm slowly getting back on top of things and starting to plan a big artwork competition for George and the Dragon to run through September and October.

I'm going to have age categories under 16s and 16s and over and two prize pools for each group.  The artwork must feature a scene from the book and other than a signed copy of George and the Dragon I am starting to collate an exciting selection of prizes for each age group.

Here's a sneak peak at one of the prizes I have sourced for the under 16s group:


I'll be talking more about the competition as I firm up the details and confirm the prize pools for the two age groups. 

Hopefully this'll get me back on track and I can start finding more people who find the concept of  dragons fighting in World War 2 interesting enough to buy and read the book.





0 comments:

Post a Comment