Search
Login Form
Other Cool Blogs:
Blog Archive
-
▼
2014
(133)
-
▼
February
(24)
- Technorati Verification:
- Book Review: Blood Tithe
- Just My Imagination…
- Fun Fun Fun...
- If you can't find it on the internet...
- Been a long time.
- Book review: Wings by Apprilynne Pike
- I'm not a writer
- Novellla, ellla, ellla
- Identity Crisis
- Howling success...
- Tweet tweet
- A death in the family...
- 22 Rules...
- Last minute changes..
- I'm in the mood...
- "Tease me, tease me ,tease me...
- Majestic Mythical Monsters
- Book Review: Casting Shadows Everywhere by L.T. Va...
- Cover me I'm going in...
- Book Review: Elf Killers by Carol Marrs Phipps
- Website Wizardry
- George and the Dragon - Word Cloud
- It's the Final Countdown.....
-
▼
February
(24)
14 February 2014
15:00
| | Edit Post
As I have already mentioned I'm re-writing the book so that I kill off one of the lesser characters. I'm doing this to give his character closure but also because I want his death to have a little ripple that has an effect on George, the main character throughout the rest of the book.
Should keep me busy for a couple of weeks and then it'll be all about publicising the launch date as much as possible.
I came to the conclusion that I wanted to have the funeral in the book as well. There's nothing like a funeral to be able to show how different characters interact with each other. You can build relationships, show emotions or lack of them.
Then there’s the fun you can have as a writer; there’s scope for family arguments, someone can feint, the vicar can get lost etc.
You’ve only got to watch Four Weddings and a Funeral to understand how a good writer can use a funeral as part of their story.
Whilst I was planning the structure of this in my mind; sorting out what the characters behaviours would be, who would be there, etc I realised there was a second funeral that should be in the book that wasn’t. For character development reasons, this funeral is far more important than the first. So the first funeral has become a foot note while this second funeral is stealing the spotlight.
So some work still to be done;
- A rewrite of the first two chapters
- Integrate the death and two funerals.
- Finish the final edit.
- Read through the entire book out loud.
- Prepare for publishing.
Should keep me busy for a couple of weeks and then it'll be all about publicising the launch date as much as possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment